Monday, July 02, 2007

iPhone Contradictions



You don't need me to review the iPhone for you. Some very strange people have spent all weekend breaking into the thing, dismantling it, even trying to break the firmware so the SIM lock can be broken. I conclude it's a great but very expensive media player, they have sorted out how to browse the web on the small screen and totally compromised on the phone itself. The network is too slow, and the phone doesn't work as a phone when its in a docking station. But I think the biggest message this phone is sending is to the radio guys. No FM folks. Hello? Ask Apple why not, and you get the answer "Why would we?". Be great if I could use my Sony Hifi headphones on the iPhone, but sadly the socket is designed so that only the Apple iPod style headphones will work properly. Unless you buy an adapter.

No comments:

ShareThis