Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama's Amateur Lens Man


Today, Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States and delivered his inaugural address. Amazing to watch the event in HD thanks to a special Eurovision feed from Washington- really like being there. I guess the BBC crew in Washington was recording all the stuff in SD, because the summary at the end of their broadcast switched back to SD just before the news.

I was surprised that they let what looked like an amateur photographer (lens lice in the trade) stand on the red section of the carpet right behind Obama. I guess 4 by 3 viewers didn't see this twit, but I was surprised someone at Eurovision or whoever was producing the show didn't physically drag him out of the picture. He appears in vision 3 minutes 15 seconds into the speech. I'm sure Canon is cringing. How many zillion people watched this twit do the shuffle during what was an excellent speech.

HD may have 5 times the definition of standard definition. At events like this it conveys 25 times the emotion. Glad I was able to witness it.

No comments:

ShareThis