Monday, November 05, 2012

RadioStation in an Emergency. Who will you call?



I've written about the challenges of building radio stations for operations in emergencies. I see that Internews has been working with Max Graef of RadioActive Consulting Ltd in the UK. The challenge is always that the equipment is continually evolving and formats very quickly become obsolete. I think that's starting to happen with the CD. CD-Only players are difficult and expensive to source. And the range of Netbooks is dwindling fast. But having said that, I found Max to be one of the most competent radio engineers in the business. Met him in Nairobi when I was doing a local project.

Recently asked about my opinion on lavalier microphones for video. I've been using Sennheiser for years, but from the sound of this excellent video review, I should be reconsidering.

No comments:

ShareThis